There is no denying that it gets hot in Texas. When the summer is unrelenting and you are spending more time inside next to the air conditioning or under a fan, it is comforting to know that your roof is insulated and protecting your home from the heat. The dependability of a solid roof not only protects you and your family from the elements, it also has the ability to decrease your utilities.
In comparison to other cities in Texas (as well as other states in the United States) the city of Austin’s average residential and commercial roofing cost is trending below average. The low end price is around six thousand dollars and can change depending on the following factors:
- Code requirements for your particular area
- The materials used and whether they are currently in demand
- The size of your roof
- If it is a flat area or a steep pitch
- Types of gutters
- Trim, chimney, skylights and any other additions to the roof that are not standard
It is easy to see the tremendous value that a new roof can add to your home. Once you have determined that you will be installing a new roof it is time to decide what type of roof will best insulate and protect you from the elements while increasing the value of your home. The value is how the roof will ultimately affect your bottom line and save you money as well as protect you and your family. Things to consider when looking at additions are:
- Type of roof – The current trend in Austin, Texas is the installation of a metal roof on your home or commercial property. With added protection from hail, wind damage, storm debris, and the unrelenting sun of Texas, a metal roof provides substantial protection. It will also help decrease your utility bills by creating a better insulation for your home.
- Types of materials – Current trends are also leaning towards a premium asphalt felt when installing shingles as opposed to the fiberglass felts previously used in the buildup. This primarily applies to the installation of a shingle roof.
When installing residential or commercial roofing, it is important to research the different options and consider the best alternatives to provide you with the most financially beneficial options. Contact us at Quality Roofing for more information on flat roof replacement. We have been proudly serving our Austin customers for over 20 years.Commercial Roof Options