One of your many responsibilities as the owner or manager of a commercial property is taking good care of the asset while staying within your budget. You can save money and avoid a host of maintenance and repair woes if you start at the top with twice-yearly commercial roof inspections.
Inspections Give You Invaluable Intelligence About Your Roof
Your roof has to stand up to some tough weather conditions here in central Texas, including harsh UV rays, triple-digit heat, high winds, heavy rains, and even hail. Exposure to the elements and the potential harm caused by storm debris and foot traffic make routine inspections vital to keep your roof in good shape.
An inspection starts with a visual survey of the entire roof system including the covering, seams, flashings, gutters, and drains. Any deficiencies are noted on an aerial photo, and you’ll get a report that details any maintenance concerns, recommendations on needed repairs, along with cost estimates. The roof is also graded to give you an estimation of its remaining lifespan. You’ll also receive budgeting advice to help you plan for a replacement.
Commercial Roof Inspections Can Provide Savings in a Number of Ways
Staying aware of the condition of your roof with regularly-scheduled inspections can help you save money by:
- Avoiding emergency roof repairs. When you learn about and take care of any roofing deficiencies promptly, you’re less likely to experience unexpected leaks that require costly emergency repairs.
- Maximizing the asset’s lifespan. Depending on the type of roof system you have, you can expect it to last for 20–30 years or more with proper maintenance. If you tackle repairs only after problems develop, you can end up facing an expensive roof replacement in half that time.
- Preventing interior damage. Finding and fixing roof issues like gaping seams, missing flashing, poor drainage, and ponding can prevent water leaks from decaying framing members, ruining insulation, ceilings, and drywall.
- Averting costly mold remediation. Inspecting the roof and correcting the problems identified before leaks occur helps keep moisture out and prevents mold growth from occuring.
- Paying less for property insurance. When the roof is kept in good condition, your insurer may consider it at lower risk and give you a better rate.
Contact us today at Quality Roofing to start benefiting from the savings offered by our semi-annual commercial roof inspections.
[button link=”https://www.qualityroofingtx.com/blog/roofing/even-in-an-emergency-demand-quality/” target=”self” color=”#cc0009″ text=”light”]Read: Even in an Emergency, Demand Quality[/button]