For years, Owen Corning has been know for its superior insulation. It applies that same quality and its reputation to roofing shingles as well, which gives Austin homeowners many reasons to look at Owens Corning shingles for their roof. 3 common reasons include:
- Replacing an Aging Roof
- Increasing the Value of Your Home
- Post Storm Damage
Owens Corning Ratings
Owens Corning shingles come in many colors and textures, as well as levels of quality, and are rated according to the performance they offer under varying conditions:
- Wind Resistance: Austin is definitely within the hurricane zone so a good wind resistance rating of 110 to 130 mile per hour wind is important.
- Algae resistance: Austin has a relatively high humidity level during certain months which encourages algae growth. Owens Corning gives a 10 to 15 year rating to its shingles against algae problems.
- The Warranty of the Shingles: The warranties start out with the standard 5-10 years and go up to 15-50 years. Such things as defects of materials and cost of repair during the warranty period are included. The top 3 warranties with higher ratings, do ask for more money up front, but give great savings in the long run. Your contractor must be registered with Owens Corning to ensure your roofing project will qualify under their warranty.
An Integrated Roofing System
The Total Protection Roofing System from Owens Corning includes more than just the shingles. Several parts of the system include:
- The VentSure Soffit or InFlow so needed circulation is guaranteed as the roof needs to breathe to prevent deterioration.
- Its WeatherLock Self-Sealing Ice and Water Barrier will keep the roof valleys, vents, and other areas safe from ice or heavy rains.
- The laying down of the shingles starts with the Starter Shingle, which resists blow-offs and water infiltration.
- Topping off the roof with its VentSure Exhaust Ventilation Product allows for continued flow of air out of the attic, which helps protect from moisture and heat damage.
- The Owens Corning DECK DEFENSE Underlayment Product which help protect against wind-driven rain getting underneath the shingles.
Whether it is a roof replacement, or a new roof construction, the Owens Corning Shingle Roofing System means that you will be happy with the final results for years to come.
Quality Roofing is registered with Owens Corning so we are qualified to install all their roofing products. We know Austin and which shingles best fit this area under all conditions so, when you are in need of a new roof replacement, contact Quality Roofing.Shingle Roof Replacement